Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Potentially Exciting News!!!

Christopher and I have heard some potentially really exciting news. We heard through the grapevine (not official yet) that Ross has put in a new clinical site at St Anthony's in Oklahoma City. This is huge. This would put us back in Oklahoma City as soon as we get off this island (year and a half). It would become even more significant because you have a better chance of attaining a residency at the hospital that you do your clinicals in, which would keep us in Oklahoma for the long haul. So keep this in your prayers that they do actually open up this clinical site.

We had an EARTHQUAKE! Ok so last week Chris woke up and went to school and at about 7:45, while I was watching TV, our bed, which I was laying on, started shaking. I was like OMG! It only lasted like a minute and it didn't like knock anything off the shelves but the bed was totally shaking. So I told Chris when he got home and he thought I was crazy because they didn't feel it at the school. But I just knew that was what it was, so last night at bible study I was talking to some of the girls and sure enough they felt it too. It was kind of like going into that little booth at the omniplex except nothing was falling over like it does on the screen. It was pretty cool, well not cool but interesting.

I have began to realize that road kill here in Dominica does not exist of squirrels and rodents. Here in Dominica road kill consists of snakes and lizards. I was walking the other day and all of a sudden a lizard just ran out in front of me. I was like well excuse me. So any way I decided I would take a picture of it. Now this could be the last picture that this particular lizard ever took because the next day in the same location I noticed the same sized lizard dead in the middle of the road.


So I have been continuing to bake bread, which really occupies my time significantly. I have been baking for Christopher and I and occasionally some of our friends will come over and want some of it, so I have been baking for them as well. I never thought that this would turn into a business or anything but I think I may have started something. I often get kind of bored here in Dominica so I have been trying all kinds of things and I think the new best baking I have done was some cinnamon raisin bread. Christopher seems to think it tastes like some you buy back at home. I am amazed ever day by what I am able to do here because these are things I would have never done back at home. I would have never taken four hours out of my day to bake bread. And why would you when you could just go buy it, but it really has made me appreciate the baking and cooking our parents do because sometimes it can be a lot of work.

Christopher is still studying everyday and I think that he is really doing great. His first mini (which is the first exam) will be on June 16. So being praying for him as he begins to prepare for that test.

I am going to be coming back home on Monday June 2. I have really been having bittersweet feelings about coming home. I am soo excited to be back at home and see everyone, but I feel just terrible leaving Christopher here by himself. Now I know that I don't see him a lot during the day and that he is really going to be busy with this exam coming up but I just wish I could bring him with me. I have been trying to bake him enough bread to last him the two weeks, and go to the market for him so that he doesn't have to do any of that while I am gone. I don't want him to have to worry about dealing with the grocery stores here because that is the last thing he needs on his mind before a big test. So I hope I prepare enough for him to be alright while I am away.

We hope everyone is having a great day. We miss you all very much! We hope everyone is making plans to come visit us!

No comments: