Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

We are so sad that we don't get to spend Mother's Day with our Moms. It has become apparent to us while we have been here the things we take for granted and today we realize how much we take our parents for granted. There is nothing more today that we wanted to do than to spend Mother's Day with our Moms. Being the family people that we are we are very sad that we are missing out on the lunch dates with our Moms, but we know that they are being celebrated today by everyone else back at home. We love you all very much and thank our Lord everyday for giving us such wonderful Mothers. We would not be the same without each of you. 



Today we went to church for the first time here in Dominica, and it was very well needed. Although it was not like our church at home we really enjoyed praising the Lord with others and getting to meet great people. The church here is called Ross Christian Fellowship and it is more like an FCA than a church but they did have worship and a sermon. Today one of Christopher's fellow students taught the sermon but normally, from what we understand, a pastor from Oklahoma normally runs it. So we are looking forward to him coming back in June to hear him speak. He is a Baptist Pastor from Oklahoma so hopefully he will give us a sense of home. 
We met some really great people at church today and I feel sure that they are going to help us spiritually through this journey we are encountering. I was also asked to join a bible study. I am really excited about it because it is with a group of girls that are about my same age but who are all very nice and will be great to get to know. We will meet once a week on Tuesday nights so I am looking forward to that. 
Last night we went to eat with our neighbors Kyle and Andrea, and their friends Ryan and Ashley. We went to this place called the Iguana Cafe. It was really pretty good. Christopher and I both had the Mahi Mahi. Kyle and Andrea have been so great helping us get adjusted here in Dominica. We are so thankful for what they have done for us. Kyle is a fifth semester here so he will be done after this semester to head back to the States and Ryan is a third semester. But we are so thankful that we are able to meet other couples here who are great Christians and who are also great to be around. 
We hope everyone back at home has had a wonderful Mother's Day and we miss you all very much. We wish we could have spent the day with you but just know that we are constantly thinking about you and missing you very much. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katy I know you missed being at home and missed you as well. It was a different mothers day I was not with my mom either but she knows I love her just as I know you love me. It is hard getting older but don't be sad. I know where your heart is. As much as I love you I know Our Lord and Savior loves you more and has you in his hands. I know you are where you are suppose to be. I am thankful for christian friends for you to be with. Learn from them. I had a good mothers day! I love you mom