Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mom and Dad came to visit!!!!

To view a slideshow of pictures from my parents visit to the Bahamas

My parents came to visit Christopher and me last week, and we had such a great time. We went to a great sushi place to eat dinner the night that they got here. It was very good. I didn't think I liked sushi but apparently I really do. After that we went out and watched some of the shows that they have down in the tourist area. They have a guy that can limbo and a fire dancing lady. It was a great first night having them here. The rest of the weekend we just relaxed, went to the beach, and we even fished in the canal behind our house. We caught a few fish and ended up cooking them for dinner. It was nice because Christopher was even able to come to the beach, even though he studied a little bit while being there. What a great time we had. I actually felt like I was on vacation a little bit. I have learned that after living at the beach for almost a year now we can really take that luxury for granted. 

My parents stayed with us for about 4 days and then my parents and I went to the island of Green Turtle Cay. My grandpa owns a house out there and they were there so we went to visit them for a few days. The flight that we took over there was a 9 passenger plane. It was so small my head was hitting the top of the plane. But when we got there it was really fun and even more relaxing than Freeport. It was really a neat place. Everyone there drives golf carts and the conch that is available there is way better than what we have had in Freeport. I also learned that I really like looking for shells on the beach. Timi has a great collection of shells at their house in Green Turtle and I have decided that this might be my new hobby to go look for shells on the beach. 
One of the days we were in Green Turtle we went fishing with a local that my grandpa has become good friends with over the years. We caught really awesome fish like Grouper, Red Snapper, Yellow Snapper, Parrot Fish, and Porgi. After we caught the fish Lincoln our captain took us to an island and cooked all the fish for us along with some lobster, potatoes, and salad. It was delicious. But the best part was when he through the fish guts in the water. There were sharks that came and ate it. It was the first time I had ever seen sharks and they were definitely as scary and cool as they seem. We had our feet in the water and the sharks were probably about 2 feet in front of us. It was pretty cool. We also had sting rays eat fish out of our toes. It was really neat. It was a great experience that I would hope to do again. 




1 comment:

Mimi said...

We love sushi!! Can we come?? I can do without the shark thrill, unless we kill and grill it!!