Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Getting it done

Our time in the Bahamas is just flying by and Christopher's 3rd semester is almost over. One more semester of book work and we are back to the US to begin his clinical rotations. We are so thankful for this experience we have had. It has allowed us to understand that we shouldn't take anything for granted and that no matter what our plan is God's plan is what we should be looking for. We shouldn't be planning months or years in advance but learn to live for today. This has been quite a task for myself because my entire life was planned out before I went to college. So I am learning to live a life that is unplanned.  While Christopher has been learning to be a doctor, I have been learning to be a better cook. I have learned that the way to my husbands heart is through lebanese food in his stomach. I think it is probably in his blood but because this is the case I have been working very hard to cook the things he likes. I have learned to make cabbage rolls and spheeha (meat pies) and many other things. It has been a really good chance for me to take my time and learn to make things because if I would have been back in the states I probably wouldn't have taken the time to learn to do these things. 

Here is a timeline of what Christopher has done and has left of school. Hopefully this will clarify what he is doing.

October 2007-February 2008- Medical Education Review Program in Miami, Florida

May 2008- December 2008 - Basic Science courses in Dominica, West Indies

January 2009- August 2009- Basic Sciences courses in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island

August 209 - December 2009 - Advanced Introduction to Clinical Medicine in either Saginaw, Michigan or Miami, Florida *location to be determined in July 2009*

January 2010 - January 2012 - Clinical Rotations *location to be determined*

1 comment:

Mimi said...

You are too cute!! Plus, learning to trust God one day at a time at such a young age is THE BEST!!! He is so faithful. The only thing over which we do have control is trust and obedience!!