Monday, November 10, 2008

Tick...Tick...Tick...

Time is flying by. It is almost the middle of November and we will be home in 38 days. We can't wait. We have been keeping busy here. Christopher just finished up his last test and did great again. To God be the glory great things he has done. We know that we could not have the success that Christopher does without his help. Begining December 4 Christopher has 9 exams between the 4th and the 18th. So please be praying for him as he prepares for those upcoming exams.

I have been keeping busy going to Birthday parties, going to craft fairs, cooking, playing bunco, and sewing our names on our Christmas stockings. Last weekend I went my friend Ralna's little boy's Birthday party. It was on the beach and we had so much fun. They cooked hot dogs and Ashley made the most adorable cakes. One was an alligator and the other was a pirate. William turned 8 and I think it was really fun for them. The kids found probably fifty hermit crabs. Now these are the same kind of hermit crabs that you find back at home that have painted shells, but these crabs are wild. It was pretty fun to see all the kids have such a great time.

Earlier in the day I went to the an arts and craft show that Ross was hosting. A bunch of artists from all around the island came and set up their stuff just like an arts and craft fair back at home. They had a lot of beautiful paintings that I would have died to have but they were so expensive. By expensive I mean between $600-$2000 USD. I guess for art, its not that expensive but it is a little out of our price range for now. They also had a bunch of wooden carvings made out of different wood and also out of coconut shells, all of which were pretty cool but I don't think I would have ever really liked it if I would have brought it home. It would have probably ended up being junk. So I ended up buying hand carved salad tongs. They are really neat. They have dominica carved on one side of the handle. I think it will be something that I will actually use when we get back home. But other than that I had a good time looking around at the arts and crafts fair.

Besides that I have been working on making our Christmas stockings. I am in the process of putting our names on them with sequins. I hope they turn out cute. We will see.

We are doing well. We are just counting down the days. We can't wait to be home for Christmas! We miss everyone back at home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all are doing OK, I can wait until you guys get home. I bet the stockings will turn out cute, just think your first Christmas as married people. I think the salad tongs will be a great keep sake from Dominica.
Love you guys,
Dad